Friday, May 27, 2011

Humanitarian Disaster in Yemen


I received this letter from one of Yemen's revolutionary youth. It's a call of appeal; full with hope no matter how the humanitarian situation is worsening in Yemen. I translated into English so the whole world knows. I also posted the Arabic original version below.

---------------------------------------

Dear Afrah,

I would like you to know that we are now in Yemen suffering of not having the simplest basic staff to survive.. no electricity, no water to drink or get cleaned, no diesel or petrol, simply we don’t have dignity or basic rights as human beings but I swear to Allah…



I’ve never been optimistic since I could remember as I’m optimistic today .. I can see freedom is being born in front of my eyes during this humanitarian crisis for Yemen, I can see my noble fellows are becoming prophets because of their great patience, determination and faith .. I tour Sana’a’s streets and I see smiles and laughs in kids’ faces while they’re playing. That takes me back to my memories of the war in 94 ..when I was a kid and watched bomb rockets and heard gunfire –thinking it was fire works!-



Here I’m today, I smile because I realized that that war had a high price but…
It gave us a beautiful Yemen that got corrupted and dishonored by deceitful people for many years. I write to you this letter with not an ink but with my tears; tears of happiness of course because today’s children will eventually have a better tomorrow; they will have a civil state.

God willing Yemen’s youth will never slip into provoking violence and will continue the peaceful revolution till the end. I swear to Allah that we are living; laughing, praying, crying, fearing, etc so we could have the new Yemen that we all want. Yemeni people never and will never die.

I’ll quote lines from one of the poems that my grandfather wrote:-

I think of the pas..
I’ll take it and change it for the present
We are not like the other human beings made of water and mud
We are souls that never fade away


Yes, Afrah.. that’s all true. We have the glory and they have the failure. We have the determination and fortitude and they have weakness. We are immortal and they all will fade away eventually. We really don’t give up and we will have victory no matter what.
Sister Afrah, we have vowed to fight and struggle for this land; Yemen till everyone gets to be free. Yemen is still alright and we all will always be alright.

We are immortal and they all will fade away eventually.

regards,

----------------------------------------------------



سلام لأختي و و رفيقة درب الكفاح "أفراح ناصر"
ليكن في علمك ...إننا نفتقر لأدنى مقومات الحياة البسيطة...لا كهرباء...لا ماء للشرب أو الإغتسال...لا توجد مادة الديزل..أو البترول....ولا توجد كرامه أو أبسط حقوقنا كبشر بالمختصر المفيد...لكنني والله العظيم.....لم أكن

متفائلا منذ ان رأت عيناي الدنيا كما انا متفائل الان.....وكأني ارى ان الحرية تتمخض امامي من جلباب هذه الأزمة...ارى اخوتي الشرفاء قد صاروا أنبياء من صبرهم و عزيمة إيمانهم....أجوب الشوارع و أرى بسمة الأطفال

و هم يلعبون و ضحكتهم تملأ الاحياء....فأعود بالذكريات الى حرب 94..حينما كنت طفلا و كنت اشاهد الصواريخ و اسمع الرصاص و أظنها ألعاب نارية...وها أنا الان ابتسم لأني أدركت أن الحرب ثمنها كان باهضاً لكنها

انجبت لنا وطناً جميلا خربتة أيادي ظالمة و عاثت فيها فساداً طيلة سنين عدة..أكتب اليكي رسالتي بدموعي قبل حبري...دموع السعادة طبعاً...لأن أطفالنا سيأتون الى هذه الحياة و لديهم وطن حر...وطن مدني...

بإذن الله وطن شبابة الطاهر سيردع كل من تسول له نفسة بأن يجتث زهرة من ازهارة.....والله نحن عائشين...نضحك..نصل..نبتسم......ندعو .....نبكي..نخاف....نتضرع..نحيا لكي تحيا اليمن!!....فنحن شعب لا و لن نموت...
سأستعير بيتا كتبه جدي

لطفي في الماضي...و سأغيره لكي يترجم لك الحاضر...لسنا مثل الناس من ماء و طين...نحن أرواحاً ليس يفنيها الزمن!!....نعم أفراح...لنا المجد...و لهم الذلة...لنا الصمود...و لهم المسكنة....لنا الخلود و لهم

الموت....فنحن فعلا لا نستكين....سننتصر أو ننتصر...

و أقولها ايضاً من كلمات الراحل..بحق الوطن...بهذا القسم....أختي قد نذرنا الكفاح العتيد لهذا الوطن!!! الى أن نرى إخوتنا الانبياء؟؟؟وهم طلقاء....يقولون ما مات حتى أنتقم!!!
...و الله ما زلنا بخير و سنظل بخير...فكما أسلفت...
لكن المخربين.........لكم الموت...و لنا الخلوووود!!!!!

بإمكانك النشر فهي ملكك
:))