Tuesday, January 3, 2012

I am a refugee in Sweden

I am a person outside her country
I am a girl who have suffered
I am seeking safety and protection from strangers
I am a girl who witnessed war and violence
I am recovering from bottomless fear

I am a refugee in Sweden

I walk streets alone
I go to state’s offices alone
I meet people from around the world who their hearts are filled with pain and agony of what they witnessed
I enter trains chased by eyes wondering of what the hell I am doing here!
I walk between Swedes understanding nothing of the language they speak with
I cry at nights for many reasons...

I am a refugee in Sweden

I cry after I sat with an Afghan girl who told me about her sufferings
I cry after I sat with a Somali girl who told me about her sufferings
I cry after I sat with another refugee who asked me; Yemen is not safe too?

I am a refugee in Sweden

I know that writing is my therapy
I know that goodness does exist
I know that regardless my agony, I was blessed with many good Swede friends who have been nothing but good to me...
I know that I shall overcome those dark moments because .. Allah is there for me!