Sunday, December 8, 2019

A critical discourse analysis of how BBC World vs. Al Jazeera English Constructed Yemen’s 2011 Uprising Coverage


After some correspondence, my previous university, the University of Gothenburg just published my MA thesis. Written in 2015, titled, "Discursive Construction in Media: A critical discourse analysis of how BBC World vs. Al Jazeera English Constructed Yemen’s 2011 Uprising Coverage" discusses how, in comparison, both online media outlets covered the first 100 days of the uprising. Every chapter is dear to me but I enjoyed the most analyzing postcolonial theories & their relations to Yemen.

2015 was an awful year for me as the war began. If it wasn't for the support of my supervisor, Jenny Wiik, I don't know how I'd have done it. I hope this thesis contributes to the academic world somehow. You may read it here: Link.

Picture: Abdulrahman Jaber.