Wednesday, October 10, 2012

The First Ever International Day of THE GIRL Tomorrow

Since I started journalism in late 2008 and I've always been concerned of the Child Marriage issue. Yemen has one of the highest maternal mortality rate globally and especially among young girls. The main cause of that is child marriages. I felt helpless of how to solve it?

So, I tirelessly reported and reported, and I'll continue to voice out this issue. Tomorrow will be an important day; the first ever International Day of THE GIRL around the world; aiming to highlight this issue and pressure governments to take serious actions in addressing it.

A brief promo-clip by Girls not Brides campaign that will kick off tomorrow. The clip has shocking statistics. Time for governments and officials to take this issue seriously.

When will little girls become not just statistics? When will governments take their issues more seriously?