Sunday, July 4, 2010

I salute Yemeni women


Some say that there is not one single country where women can feel absolutely safe. I agree.

I've been to some countries and saw how women could not have an absolute safety. However, in Yemen the situation is much worse.

Yemeni women struggle in many different places and ways. She fights to have her rights against her father, brother, husband and eventually son's dominance. All these men could possibly happen to be her president, boss, colleague, a man walking down the street or a man sitting next to her in transportation.

Nevertheless, every day they get up and mingle into society and their communities, refusing unconsciously to give in to any kind of frustration.

I have seen it in their eyes. A light that's so pure that could light up the whole country. They are an inspirational image to the whole world. In simple words, I salute them.